Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Falken tires

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    Is this outside wind noise or did you break wind?
    LMAO I heard my roof rack wind noise for the first time. But now my rack is off so I'm back in the garage.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Curious as to what your plans are for the front end. Without the inner plastic fender wells, water and mud will get right into the engine compartment. Or are you not worried about that?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Not a huge concern for me because I avoid the stuff any way. It's really not that open either so the rain shouldn't be an issue. What I was thinking was forming some aluminum to close the few spots up that are open. Or maybe some cheaper tin would work it only has to deflect water and maybe some rocks once and awhile. I'll add this to my picture list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had something similar in mind. Was thinking about finding some sheets of rubber this weekend that can be used to replicate the plastic inner fender wells to where I can modify it to my liking. Sort of like how they came up with the idea of gap guards for a vehicle with a body lift. So now I need to find some rubber that isnt to thick and thats flexible. My plan for the fender flares should be complete by tomorrow night! I like to play in the mud so I have to come up with something.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 03-16-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I had something similar in mind. Was thinking about finding some sheets of rubber this weekend that can be used to replicate the plastic inner fender wells to where I can modify it to my liking. Sort of like how they came up with the idea of gap guards for a vehicle with a body lift. So now I need to find some rubber that isnt to thick and thats flexible. My plan for the fender flares should be complete by tomorrow night! I like to play in the mud so I have to come up with something.
    A rubber that works well like you're explaining, is the rubber that they put on roofs, comes in rolls you know? I've used that rubber in many diff applications (mudflaps, door sweeps, etc.)
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

I'll have to check that out.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I've put body lifts on 3 past vehicles and have made my own gap guards each time. I order rubber sheet from mcmaster that's oil/weather/UV resistant. ... ill look up the P/N I used tonight, I would always get a 3'x3' sheet but it can be ordered in other variations.

Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    A rubber that works well like you're explaining, is the rubber that they put on roofs, comes in rolls you know? I've used that rubber in many diff applications (mudflaps, door sweeps, etc.)
    Your the second person that has told me that. Might have to make a trip to Home Depot or Lowes tonight.

I got exactly what I needed. Picked it up this morning from Miris Cash & Carry (local roofing supply store for contractors). Its really thin, very flexible roofing rubber that wont tear. I bought a 3ft x 10ft roll of it for $24. It will definitely be enough to do the front inner fender wells. If I need more for the rear when the front is done I can just stop by and pick more up.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 03-17-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Update my mpg's are up by almost 2 mpg

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information