Thread: Can I keep TCS off?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    FWIW, seatbelts are required here, and probably will be required in every state in the near future.

So are you saying that the government should mandate that all vehicles come equipped with AWD and TCS? Cause, that seems to be what you're saying... that vehicles equipped without them are "unsafe".

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    I personally tried the "key dance" for ESP disable for a JK jeep didn't work, you could always put a kill switch in between the ground wire of the ESP module(rear of center console)That would disable it for sure and when you wanted to run with ESP simply turn off your jeep and flip the switch and restart your jeep and your in business!

Edit, do at your own risk, but i've read alot of people do it to chargers/challengers with ESP, I belive it shouldn't mess with ABS and should only affect ESP and ERM also BAS may be disabled.....

Here's the article on ESP disable for a JK if anyones interested....
    http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...tem/index.html
    Last edited by Lt_JWS; 03-25-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    while turning TCS off is a bit of a hassle, it has saved my ass while driving down the road.

I hit some ice on the road, and the TCS kicked in and kept me from sliding off the road into a ditch. If it was already off, I would have never thought to turn it on, before I drove that AM. Just sayin..
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Thread Information