Thread: Towing MPG's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    I know I'm a little behind on this site, but someone has to work.

Anyway, you definately want a Hemi if you plan to tow heavy trailers. This year I towed my 5782# loaded 27' travel trailer to Colorado with my 4.7L Commander. Big mistake. Got 8.1mpg headed west and 9.2 headed east. It was a battle to keep it cool, because the motor wanted to spin 5000 rpm's the whole way there.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
    I know I'm a little behind on this site, but someone has to work.

Anyway, you definately want a Hemi if you plan to tow heavy trailers. This year I towed my 5782# loaded 27' travel trailer to Colorado with my 4.7L Commander. Big mistake. Got 8.1mpg headed west and 9.2 headed east. It was a battle to keep it cool, because the motor wanted to spin 5000 rpm's the whole way there.
    Wow that is a big ass trailer. Got a picof it all hooked up? I don't plan on hauling anything more than a Jeep or Popup behind mine with the 4.7.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar

4.7 towing almost the max, at about 70-72MPH I get 10-11mpg. If I try to keep it at 75 if drops quick.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Why do you guys two stuff going so fast LOL I don't do 75MPH empty LMAO Take slow smell the roses enjoy the adventure your only going to get there a few minuets early then me anyway.

I got about 9.5 towing the trailer with a car in it, totalling about 6000lbs.

Does this make my Jeep look small? I actually got just shy of 11mpg last time I towed it!

Thread Information