Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Range Report

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    I meant the shotty Cico posted, but thanks.
    ME too. I saw it listed at $350 but Gander was about 450....

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    ^Roger. Thats a nice ShtGn. I've got the simple MossBrg 500 for turkey hunting and clay shooting. That one looks pretty sweet though!
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar

Range Report -- Ruger 10/22-- 09-11-11

So I took the Ruger 10/22 out for it's first shooting session today. The rifle fires great and accurate (unlike me, lol) and no problems what-so-ever, just kept shooting. Here are some pics....

These targets were before I realized that the rear sights were in the down (folded) possition, D'OH!!!

Then after the rear sites were up...

Then a rapid fire to end the session.

I ended up shooting 230 rounds on to 20 something targets, it was a blast.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Sounds Fun! It feels nice to know that shooting .22lr's don't hurt your pocket book too bad. 230 rounds equates to about 9-10 dollars. Glad you like it! I went to the range on friday as well. Shot about 200 9mm, 150 9mm makarov, and about 200 .22lr (there were 2 of us there). Had a blast as usual.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    I wish the range my dad belonged to did get ruined. They decided to cut a walking path right past the range. It ran parallel to the range but they still had the range shut down for almost 2 years. My dad paid his dues the whole time in hopes it would open and be even better. Well it opened but they wanted each member to go through a safety course. My dad felt that was bull**** and should have been waived with his background. (10 years Air force(or as Sal calls it Chair Force) 4 years as a prison guard and at that time 8-9 years police) They wouldn't waive it and he told them to pound sand. Haven't shot in about 5 years..

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I am glad you had the directional marker pointing where the hole is supposed to be.
    Should help out next time.....
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    So I took the Ruger 10/22 out for it's first shooting session today. The rifle fires great and accurate (unlike me, lol) and no problems
    Then after the rear sites were up..

Lol.....Don thats funny.

Actually, if you look at the center rows where I was off quite a bit...........that's when my contacts were acting up, drying out and getting blurry. I'm not making an excuse here, just an observation.

I have to figure out how I can keep from this happening. The problem is that contacts are shaped for your eye at center. When you look down the rifle, you are looking slightly upwards which kinda moves the contact slightly off center( causing a blurr in your vision). In normal use all you do is blink to "rewet/reset" the lens and you can hardly tell. But, when looking upward and you blink, the lens gets off center and blurrs your vision.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Based on what you said bro your not shooting properly. Bring the weapon up to your head not your head down to the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Based on what you said bro your not shooting properly. Bring the weapon up to your head not your head down to the weapon.
    I tried that but it didn't feel comfortable. The buttstock was half above my shoulder, I'll try some different stances and possitions with the firearm this weekend.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty sean112280's Avatar
    "Actually, if you look at the center rows where I was off quite a bit...........that's when my contacts were acting up, drying out and getting blurry. I'm not making an excuse here, just an observation."

Sounds like an excuse to me........lol just giving you hell
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 09-14-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information