Thread: Tire help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
    Thank you for the post.

The Nitto Terra Grappler and and Rocky Mountain are both excellent tire models. The right model for you will depend on what you are looking for out of your next set.

What tire model are you driving on now and what are your likes and dislikes with this set? How many miles are you driving per year? Will this set see snow? What type of off-road conditions do you typically see? What do you want your next set of tires to do for you?
    I'm currently running on the stock Forteras. They are fine except for the fact they are too small now that I have the lift on and they have almost 42k miles on them so they're showing their age. It didn't help I never rotated them but it was a lease that ended up deciding to buy. I only drive about 10k miles a year. I live in SE Michigan so winters can be non-existent like this year or extremely brutal. I do take it to the Northern part of the state that sees harsh winters and I at times drive on very uneven and muddy dirt roads. I do want to start doing some off road trails this summer so I need something that is good on uneven and rocky surfaces. But since it is also my DD they also need to not have a lot of road noise.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

I cant say for discount tire but, I work for Belle and special order in company is no commitment. Special order outside company you have to put a deposit atleast.

Member Looking for Dirt cprokopf's Avatar
    The tires are about 1 1/2 years old and I would guess I have somewhere beyond 25k on them. The treads along side walls have taken a slight beating due to the AWD feature but the tire has held up relatively well. I rotate them constantly. Still plenty of meat and miles left at thit point. The important part is they still look good!

Supporting Vendor Getting Dirty Discount Tire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitMarauder View Post
    I'm currently running on the stock Forteras. They are fine except for the fact they are too small now that I have the lift on and they have almost 42k miles on them so they're showing their age. It didn't help I never rotated them but it was a lease that ended up deciding to buy. I only drive about 10k miles a year. I live in SE Michigan so winters can be non-existent like this year or extremely brutal. I do take it to the Northern part of the state that sees harsh winters and I at times drive on very uneven and muddy dirt roads. I do want to start doing some off road trails this summer so I need something that is good on uneven and rocky surfaces. But since it is also my DD they also need to not have a lot of road noise.
    Thank you for the additional information.

Both models will suite your needs well as they handle great off-road and ride quite on road. Both models handle winter conditions well and will also last if taken care of. I recommend taking a close look at the Terra Grappler though as this model is lighter in weight so it won't affect your power and gas mileage as much as the Wild Peak. I know this is important for those who DD their rigs.
    Last edited by Discount Tire; 04-13-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Thread Information