Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: CB Antenna Mount & Locations

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Another compact radio option is the Midland 75-822. I had the Cobra 75 WX ST and there's two main things I like better about the Midland:

1) I don't have to hide the antenna box somewhere under the dash.
    2) The midland can be switched over to a handheld in seconds. This comes in handy allowing you to use it in over vehicles, or on the trail if you wanted to help spot someone (i've done this on numbers occasions).

http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...ll=1#post23734

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    My latest setup. Trying it out for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1373728765230.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	2027

Aspen Creek has some bracket for the WK that hides a small CB inside the dash so you just have a plug for the handheld controls.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

The midland can be switched over to a handheld in seconds.....

http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...ll=1#post23734

I would like that advantage to easily convert it to a portable also !

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    My latest setup. Trying it out for now.

That will work (Looks like a cobra lx ?) ... where do you think you might mount the scanner now ?

I also have used suction cup, inside window mount scanner antennas that worked well and didn't stand out.
    Last edited by 1USMC; 07-13-2013 at 11:44 AM.

What do you mean by scanner?

2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar

It was War Wagon that had said he was going to install a CB & Scanner. I asked that question in the wrong spot. Sorry first time I have ever done that, (sure) ,, LOL :-)

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 1USMC View Post
    War Wagon;

Sounds like you already have a full feature CB. I'm not sure if you want to add the extra expense of getting another one, but if you did the Cobra 75 WX ST is a VERY compact radio with the hand control containing all the controls to include the speaker. Its not a totally full feature nor SSB capable, but works great for normal roading and wheeling and makes finding a place to install it much easier !

Here is a link for anyone interested in a detailed review, to include how to adjust its modulation output > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ASM0MDrMvE

Owners Manual link > http://www.ftldist.com/media/manuals/75WXST.pdf

Here is another link ( that you have already seen ) for an installation example in a XK for others reading this if it helps > http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...ications-Suite
    Quote Originally Posted by 1USMC View Post
    It was War Wagon that had said he was going to install a CB & Scanner. I asked that question in the wrong spot. Sorry first time I have ever done that, (sure) ,, LOL :-)
    Sorry - guess I better explain my intended setup!

Uniden 980 SSB

A little boost...

And some 'drone defense!' I'm still going eeny-meeny-miny-mo at this point!

I THINK I can cram either of the two Uniden scanners into the space on the lower left-hand part of the dash (drop the tray and clear out the whole bracket from the backside). I like the Close Call RF Capture capability of the latter two especially.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Question

Sooooo... I've decided, that I like THIS kind of mount for my CB antenna (although I'm going to mount mine higher up than this)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    I got a 4' Firestick and a Firestick door jamb mount. The mount comes with (2) 45 degree bends in it. I straightened it out so it would have a longer reach into the jamb. It comes with self-tapping screws but I wanted it to be tighter and easily removable in case I need to change a bulb, screws would loosen up too much. I used some nutserts and bolted it in tight. The coax runs out thru the lower inner quarter and up behind the bumper, behind tailight, and behind the black trim above the light. This secures the little extra slack and keep the cable nice and snug.

And I'm gonna go THIS route with my scanner antenna;

I've been itching to get my CB antenna mount off the roof and down by the fender. Well, this is what I've come up with:

I ran out of time to move the stud and run the cable, but you get the idea.

Since my coax running out the back is easy enough, that leaves figuring out HOW to get the scanner cable through THIS!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Nothing here you guys haven't seen before; for those of you down south and out west, the orange stuff is called oxidation. Or rust.

I THINK I can wedge the scanner in the opening... but what do I do with that rusty bracket behind it? Can it be "resized?" Bent? Removed? Is it load-bearing, or what?

Where can I push some coax through all this?

Should I try and run the coax and power cable out the side?

I see pictures of finished products - I NEED pictures of underdash work - especially how coax and power cables are getting through the firewall!!!

For mounting your scanner, have a look at this bracket from Aspen Creek. Maybe it would work?

Do you have the 4.7L or 5.7L engine? I have the 5.7L and use a grommet in the firewall where the throttle cable passes through on other models since the hemi is drive-by-wire.

For mounting your scanner, have a look at this bracket from Aspen Creek. Maybe it would work?

Do you have the 4.7L or 5.7L engine? I have the 5.7L and use a grommet in the firewall where the throttle cable passes through on other models since the hemi is drive-by-wire.

ALWAYS looking for brackets (WAIT'LL you see how I mount the CB!), so I'll check that out.

Mine's a 4.7, for reference. I'm not opposed to fuse-blocking it, but the last time I did that with a CB, my old Bronco still had glass tube fuses!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information