Thread: UC Davis Pepper Spray

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I don't think you can use proximate cause as a justification for elevation of force. I'm no lawyer though.. I'd argue (discuss ) that elevation of force must be a result of DIRECT threat or else LEO's could just run free and use proximate cause to justify any level of force they decided was appropriate which won't fly.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I don't think you can use proximate cause as a justification for elevation of force. I'm no lawyer though.. I'd argue (discuss ) that elevation of force must be a result of DIRECT threat or else LEO's could just run free and use proximate cause to justify any level of force they decided was appropriate which won't fly.
    I agree and kinda what I'm trying to say the attitude of the police is no longer protect and serve and has slid to more of a paramilitary force IMO. I have a lot of family in law enforcement so I don't dislike the police just the direction they been going in for the last 15years. My sheriff's department is still old school when I built my house the stopped by and introduced them selves to me and gave numbers if I ever had any concerns they actually serve the community. I don't think I have ever even seen one of my deputies brake a traffic law.

Don't go bashing people or your might have your mod privileged removed

I really don't think it matters if it was a lawful order or not, that is where I was going with the disagreement with using proximate cause as the justification for the pepper spray.
    What we don't see in the video is if any of the officers tried to arrest any of the sitting students. If they did and they fought back (an actual attempt to fight back is required for resisting, not cooperating is not resisting) then the pepper spray was earned.. I highly doubt that the LEO's tried to arrest the sitting students though, I think they skipped a step which is why I disagree.

From what I read it was UC Davis Police with support from other UC Schools Police Forces and City of Davis Police. It was however an Occupy protest. I'm not sure on the College President part or not though..

I remember the university police and the president thing. I watch a lot of news a couple hours a day easy so I might of forgotten some of the details on this one it was a few days ago I think and there's been a lot on the news since then.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    See, we are all confusing the events. There are too many protest going on to keep them straight!

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    Don't go bashing people or your might have your mod privileged removed
    I'm not bashing people I don't think am I? I'm bashing the core value of the new direction of a lot of Law Agencies mostly the bigger ones LA, NY those type places. We still have great law agencies in this country doing it right and keeping safe. You guys see the one where the florida state trooper pulled the Miami PD dude over in his squad car for going over 120MPH. Watch that video she is directly ordered by her supervisor to stop her pursuit but continued any way pulled the cop out at gun point and cuffed him. My point there in charge no matter what she wanted this dude and no body was going to tell her not to.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I'm not bashing people I don't think am I?
    I dont think so...
    I'm bashing the core value of the new direction of a lot of Law Agencies mostly the bigger ones LA, NY those type places. We still have great law agencies in this country doing it right and keeping safe.
    I think it is cause and effect. I think in 10 years the repubs and dems are going to be shooting each other.
    I see our country heading toward violent actions as way to accomplish goals. The police bring in martial law. Or is it the martial law that causes people to act violently?

You guys see the one where the florida state trooper pulled the Miami PD dude over for going over 120MPH. Watch that video she is directly ordered by her supervisor to stop her pursuit but continued any way pulled the cop out at gun point and cuffed him. My point there in charge no matter what
    she wanted this dude and no body was going to tell her not to.
    Any women we can offend here? Thats a woman for you.,...

I surrender, I am done. I am going home, been at work too long.

Thread Information