Thread: Unexplained Missile Launched Off LA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Best case - a private individual into scale model rockets. those things go pretty high and fast
    Worst case - a failed attempt with a Stinger. not good
    Just watched video. Holy Cow !! Someone needs to come clean on that, it's big !
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Just watched video. Holy Cow !! Someone needs to come clean on that, it's big !
    My guess is it was from a sub!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    My guess is it was from a sub!
    Yup, probably hit the button by mistake, although I believe there are several safeguards for that...

Junior Member Looking for Dirt adamag25's Avatar
    I agree that it was most likely from a sub or large ship. Probably a test fire of a missile that went wrong and instead of heading out over the ocean it went toward land. If the government admits to the error they would get in trouble for the error and putting lives at stake but they cannot blame an non Government agency because that means that homeland security should have picked up on it. Since they are stuck in the middle they chose to go with the old "ummm...I dunno" response. I find it hard to believe that they do not know the source or even where the missile ended up. Something that large doesn't go flying into the sky and just disappear, it had to have been tracked by someone.
    06 4.7 Bright Silver
    HILLBILLY DELUXE

Thread Information