Quote Originally Posted by DetroitMarauder View Post
I am ready to purchase new tires, hopefully this weekend, and I've narrowed it down to two possibilities. They are the Nitto Terra Grappler AT and the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS. I have read what is offered on Discount's site as well as each manufacturer's site but I was hoping you could give me a little more insight on these. They are only $1 apart in price per tire so that won't be a deciding factor. Do you have any recommendations regarding either of these? Is one superior to the other? The Nittos are a "special order" and the closest Discount Tire that has them is at least 45 minutes away. I would like to physically see them before my final decision. What is this special order? Am I committing to buy them if I call my local dealer and have them shipped over? Thanks for your time.
Thank you for the post.

The Nitto Terra Grappler and and Rocky Mountain are both excellent tire models. The right model for you will depend on what you are looking for out of your next set.

What tire model are you driving on now and what are your likes and dislikes with this set? How many miles are you driving per year? Will this set see snow? What type of off-road conditions do you typically see? What do you want your next set of tires to do for you?

Special order products are products we do not keep in stock and need to be ordered in from the manufacturer. There is no additional charge for special order products and lead time is typically a few business days depending on availability. If you would like to see both sets in person I'm sure the store would be more than happy to order a set of Terra Grapplers in for you to compare. Your local Discount Tire may also have the Terra Grappler available in a similar size that you can use to compare.