Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheeling and Traction Control

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    seems I have sparked a debate, interesting replys guys. Keep the info coming.

Im using QDII, the only problem I have is when climbing a hill the engine doesnt put out power at some points and it gets a little frustrating, while the TCS is on.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
    seems I have sparked a debate, interesting replys guys. Keep the info coming.

Im using QDII, the only problem I have is when climbing a hill the engine doesnt put out power at some points and it gets a little frustrating, while the TCS is on.
    That's exactly why I turn it off.

Other than debating exactly what pressing the button does, I don't think there's any debate as to whether you should keep it on or not (well except maybe for Sal's case).

For QDII, turn it off so there's nothing bogging the engine down. The ELSDs take care of the rest.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    Hehehe... Yeah, I'm confused by now as well, so let me take a step back and ask a question or two. The owners manual does not differentiate between the QTII (what you have) and the QDII (what I have), so I'll start with the assumption that ESP and TCS work the same for both.

Without using you toggle switch mod, do you get the "ESP OFF" message on the EVIC when you are in Park and hold down the ESP button for the 5 (or whatever) seconds like the manual says? If you follow this procedure, what is the effect when wheeling?
    Im not exactly sure if the TCS and ESP work the same with QT II and QD II. Without the toggle, it does display "ESP Off" on the EVIC when I press and hold down the TCS button for 5 seconds. The only effect by following this procedure that Im aware of is having the ESP totally disabled which i think the owners manual recommends when off roading due to the terrain you are driving on. Also, I dont get the engine bog down that happens when you keep the TCS on when you lose traction.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    For about a grand we can make your WK QT II..... having 4-low would be a night and day difference!
    What all would go into the process of changing from QT-I to QT-II?
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    What all would go into the process of changing from QT-I to QT-II?
    NV245J transfer case....4wd module for tcase that plugs in under 2nd row seating....and a shift bezel out of a XK/_WK with QTII...I could do it in 3 hours.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ya know people stress over the computer for doing this but really who cares right. Put it in low and let the dash light up like a x-mass tree. It's better then not having low range any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do u mean? I have already done a QT I to QT II swap and had no lights come on after the install...well besides the 4 low light

What do u mean? I have already done a QT I to QT II swap and had no lights come on after the install...well besides the 4 low light
    Uh? when did you do this and how come I haven't read about and seen pictures or a thread something! You holding out me or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Uh? when did you do this and how come I haven't read about and seen pictures or a thread something! You holding out me or am I missing something?
    It wasn't done on my XK as its already QT II. I did the swap on a friends QT I WK back in November. A member on the other forum converted his XK to QT II and posted a thread listing the exact part numbers for all the parts needed to do the swap. He did all the leg work and was the guinea pig for the first successful install. All I did was find all the part for my buddy and install them. It took less than 4 hours. I think I can do it again in about three.

It wasn't done on my XK as its already QT II. I did the swap on a friends QT I WK back in November. A member on the other forum converted his XK to QT II and posted a thread listing the exact part numbers for all the parts needed to do the swap. He did all the leg work and was the guinea pig for the first successful install. All I did was find all the part for my buddy and install them. It took less than 4 hours. I think I can do it again in about three.
    I missed that one LOL in fact I think a lot of us may have! AJ you hearing this its your next mod bro!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information