Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replaced OME HD springs with Superlift 4" Springs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Replaced OME HD springs with Superlift 4" Springs

Finally got around to installing these springs that Ron was so nice to send me

In the rear i've been running OME HD springs + 1" spacers. With my full size spare in the cargo space and 3/8 tank of fuel, my fender wells measured as follows:
    LF--RF
    LR--RR

37.13--37.25
    37.50--37.63

So the vehicle was fairly level.... but my overall goal is to get the rear up to 38-38.25 for daily driving since I like to have about 1" of rake.

The superlift springs didn't seem to be side dependent. There was no obvious size difference and both had the same wire diameters. So i went a bit OCD and put the one with the sliiiiightest height advantage on the drivers side. The result was the driver side being almost 1/2" lower. So I installed one of my 1/2 spacers on the driver side.

The end result is:

37.00--37.25, Approx 22" hub to fender
    38.75--39.00, Approx 24" hub to fender

So, the rear is definitely higher than I want, but we'll see how it settles. And hell, if only there was a heavy piece of steel I could bolt onto the rear of my jeep to help get those measurements down another 3/4" or so....

One thing I really like about this setup is that the springs are still seated at full extension! At the same time, this makes R&R a bit of a PITA... but now when I flex offroad I wont have bystanders saying "hey dude is your spring going to fall out?"

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Nice!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Hmmm. If only I had more lift in the front. These would go good with the 305's I'd like to order next
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Dude you need to stop putsing around and just get the SL already. With your mods you'll be able to run some 35s and do some serious trails.... and be one of the most capable XKs built to date. Otherwise you're just king of the budget boosts (i consider anything short of a full suspension system as a "budget boost").... get out of the B-league buddy!
    Last edited by Matt; 06-04-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Dude you need to stop putsing around and just get the SL already. With your mods you'll be able to run some 35s and do some serious trails.... and be one of the most capable XKs built to date. Otherwise you're just king of the budget boosts (i consider anything short of a full suspension system as a "budget boost").... get out of the B-league buddy!
    Ouch! Called out Adam!!! If I were keeping the XK I was going SL this spring/summer. I had everything priced out, I could have EASILY afforded it since Ive put over $2500 in the 240 including the cost. But instead, Jeep is headed to my buddies lot for the week as we speak.. Adam, I agree stop bulls**ttin and get the SL or SFA!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Haha I'm not RICH like you guys. Tires will need to be replaced next at over $1200. Superlift on top of that your talking over $3000 total. Matt I don't see a Superlift on your XK lol
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 06-04-2013 at 06:58 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Haha I'm not RICH like you guys. Tires will need to be replaced next at over $1200. Superlift on top of that your talking over $3000 total. Matt I don't see a Superlift on your XK lol
    Find some used 35s, put on Superlift and save up for new tires.

Lol im not rich either but ill be putting the superlift on as soon as the new baby is ready for a forward facing car seat!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Rich?!?! I have to sell my Jeep so I can move! hahaha Stop making excuses, take a personal loan and get it going!!!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think stites-xk has me beat on this one. He's running my old rear locker with front QD II diff and has the Superlift already. Also TrialByFire has a sick superlifted rig with high clearance bumpers. So I kind of like being one of the most capable XKs with only an OME lift. I'm not making $hit for money at the moment because I'm only part time with the sheriff's dept. I'm waiting on my score from the civil service exam so I can get in full time and make some serious cash. I'll be able to "write my own paycheck" once full time.

I hear ya man.

Does CJ have his pinch welds cut like yours? Im thinking your rig with ~6" lift and running solid 35s would be one of the largest, most capable rigs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information